As defined by Steven Forrest and Jeffrey Wolf Green:
Evolutionary Astrology embraces paradigms and methodologies which specifically measure the growth of the soul from life to life. These methods invariably focus on the planet Pluto and its relationship to the Nodal Axis. While it is composed of a set of specific formal methodologies, evolutionary astrology is ultimately characterized less by a technical approach than by a set of philosophical principles defined by natural law. Different evolutionary astrologers may use somewhat different interpretive methods, but they can always be recognized by a devotion to the following core perceptions:
1. An acceptance of the fact that human beings incarnate in a succession
2. An acceptance of the fact that the birthchart reflects the evolutionary
condition of the soul at the moment of incarnation.
3. An acceptance of the fact that the birthchart reflects the evolutionary
intentions of the soul for the present life.
4. An acceptance of the fact that the circumstances of the present life, both
materially and psychologically, do not arise randomly, but rather reflect the
evolutionary intentions and necessities of the soul.
5. An acceptance of the fact that human beings interact creatively and unpre-
dictably with their birthcharts; that all astrological symbols are multi-
dimensional and are modulated into material and psychic expression by the
consciousness of the individual.
6. An acceptance of the fact that human beings are responsible for the realities
they experience, both internally and externally.
7. A respectful intention to accept and support a person seeking astrological
help, no matter the evolutionary state in which such an individual finds
himself or herself.
Copyright 2000, Steven Forrest and Jeffrey Wolf Green