I have studied astrology for over twenty years, apprenticing with the renowned astrologer and author Steven Forrest since 2007. Through Forrest’s first apprenticeship program, I achieved Master Level Astrologer.
I began my professional practice over fifteen years ago after several years of teaching art at the university level. My background in the visual arts greatly informs my astrology work. I bring depth of insight, sensitivity, and compassion to all of my readings, helping to illuminate the often elusive path to authenticity, growth, and contentment. Honoring the uniqueness inherent in each chart, my goal as an astrologer is to empower clients in their soul journey.
I was born at 7:39 pm EST on December 20, 1975 in Bethpage, New York. I have a Sun in Sagittarius, a Moon in Cancer, and a Leo ascendant. A gypsy traveler of numerous academic, creative, and spiritual traditions, I wear multiple hats. In addition to astrologer, these include: mother, professor, artist, yoga instructor, permaculturalist, grief-tender, and expressive arts facilitator, to name a few. In addition to one-on-one readings, I am also a teacher of astrology and I lead community grief rituals, inspired by the work of Joanna Macy, Francis Weller, and Daniel Foor. I bring 20 years of facilitation and teaching experience in the realm of higher-education, to my work with individuals and groups and I believe strongly in the power of ritual and ceremony to transmute adversity and loss into the healing of individuals, communities, and the Earth. I go by she/her pronouns and I live with my daughter and our pack of non-human companions in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, the occupied lands of the Catawba, Keyauwee, and Saura peoples.
Education and training:
• Expressive Arts in Transition and Community Ritual: Moving Toward Belonging After Trauma and Displacement, European Graduate School (2022)
• Master of Fine Arts, University of Oregon (2003)
• Expressive Arts Therapy Graduate Certificate, Appalachian State University (2022)
• Master Astrologer, Steven Forrest Apprenticeship Program (2020)
• Level 1 and Level 2 Professional Astrologer, Steven Forrest Apprenticeship Program (2008, 2016)
• RYT 200 certification (2012)
• Usui Reiki Level 2 certification (2007)
• Study of Yang Hsu system of T’ai Chi Ch’uan, Shaolin Temple discipline (2010-2012)
• The Work that Reconnects, with Joanna Macy (2012)
• Grief-Ritual facilitation, with Francis Weller (2019)
• Course in Keening, Irish Ritual of Lament, with Mary McLaughlin (2021)
• Sacred Ritual Arts in the Celtic tradition, with Tonja Reichley (2021)
• Initiations: A Life of Ritual, with Daniel Foor (2022)
• Ritual Practice and Ancestral-Lineage Healing, with Daniel Foor (2020)
• Safe and Sound Protocol certification, with Steven Porges (2018)
• Non-Violent Communication training (2011-2013)
• Sustainable Design Certificate, Yestermorrow Design/Build School (2016)
• Permaculture Design Certification (2014)
You must be logged in to post a comment.